Women in Residential Construction Committee (WIRC)
The purpose of the WIRC Committee is to encourage female industry representation to members and community groups highlighting diverse issues and perspectives. The WIRC works to attract and retain female talent, while highlighting different career possibilities in the industry.
The WIRC Committee has become so much more than a working committee, it’s a community, it has become the go to resource for many female members within the Association. Whether it be to discuss and share tips and tricks or to be a sounding board on a bad day. The focus has been to attract and retain female talent within the industry, while highlighting different career possibilities in the industry.
Initiatives from 2022 include:
- Moving forward with their highly successful Mastermind Groups
- Supporting and getting to know each other’s daily lives – in depth discussions of the issues each company representative has dealt with since the beginning of the pandemic
- Creation of the ‘Weekly Tattle’ newsletter that is distributed internally within the Committee
- Welcoming guest speakers to speak to the group, which directly ties to the internal education initiative.
- Building on strong reciprocal relationships, such as:
- Working with Pathways to educate students on the many careers available within the residential construction industry.
- Working with NAIT to speak to their students about residential construction career opportunities
- Collaborating with HAVAN to involve the WIRC Committee in their virtual coffee chats
If you have questions about the committee or would like to join, please contact Lisa Chmilar.