Elevate the Conversation
The residential construction industry in the Edmonton Region is a network of local businesses that represents more than 44,000 jobs, $3 billion in annual wages and $6.9 billion in annual investment.
The cost to purchase a new home is influenced by regulations, policies, processes and fees from local municipalities as well as the provincial and federal governments. 525 potential homeowners are not able to afford a medium priced home in the Edmonton market for every $1,000 increase in the price of a home. CHBA – ER works with municipalities throughout the region to ensure they understand the magnitude of every policy decision.
Municipalities can help preserve affordability by:
- Working with industry on solutions that support housing affordability;
- Ensuring policies support building better homes without adding costs; and
- Supporting a variety of housing types.
- Elevate the Conversation about housing affordability with CHBA - ER
- Canadians Join the Conversation About Homes and Communities with CHBA National
- Economic impacts of the Edmonton Region residential construction industry