Preparing for relaunch - The Government of Alberta has released its staged relaunch strategy. While there aren’t definitive timelines, the strategy is a gradual process to re-open businesses.
Update from Development Services Branch Manager, Kim Petrin - To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep Edmontonians, contractors and City inspectors safe, the City is pleased to announce that it is now offering virtual safety code (building, HVAC, plumbing, gas and electrical) inspection options for certain construction projects. Read more.
CHBA-ER wrote a letter to the City of Edmonton outlining industry recommendations for creating efficiencies. Read more.
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) - Update - The CEWS application process will open on April 27. The Government of Canada website has more information on:
EPCOR has plans in place to manage disruptions or emergencies and are committed to providing essential services to communities. Customers will be allowed to defer bill payments for 90 days. Read more.
ATCO will continue installing new natural gas services, maintaining pipelines and facilities, and responding to natural gas emergencies during this time. Please contact Reed Thacker if you have any questions. Read more.
Prevent the Spread posters - The Government of Alberta created posters to support awareness and actions that can be taken to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Alberta:
- Additional financial support for Albertans and employers
- Government is providing immediate financial assistance to Albertans affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
- WCB COVID-19 worker fact sheet
- WCB COBID-19 employer fact sheet
- Respiratory viruses and the workplace
- The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Resources for Canadian Businesses: COVID-19
- How to apply for EI and COVID-19 emergency benefits