Our Code of Ethics
When companies join the CHBA, we ask them to agree to and sign a Code of Ethics. Below is a copy of the Code of Ethics:
- Members shall comply with the Alberta Building Code and the National Building Code of Canada and/or all additional recognized standards applicable to the individual member as a minimum standard for that member's services and shall work towards industry improvement.
- Members shall perform their services to conform to the principles of good community development.
- Members shall be fair and honest with their customers, employees, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Members shall co-operate, interchange information and experience, and encourage research on materials and techniques in order to provide better housing at lower cost.
- Members shall uphold the principle of reasonable and adequate compensation for the services which they render.
- Members shall avoid any conduct or practice likely to discredit or do injury to our industry.
- Members shall avoid advertising which tends to mislead customers, deprecate competitors, or generally bring the reputation of the industry into disrepute.
- Members shall display and encourage a sense of pride in belonging to the Edmonton Region Home Builders' Association.
- Members shall perform and co-operate in the completion of their services in a manner
which demonstrates the upmost competence.
- Members shall actively encourage fellow members to uphold the professional image and
reputation of the Edmonton Region Home Builders' Association.